Monday, July 14, 2008

Quote of the day. . . .

a friend of mine (who reads this blog) has a 15 year old son. Much to my delight, she shares with me the (many) agonizing stories of raising two sons approximately 3 years apart. She wonders, often, "what the problem is" and I reiterate that the stories sound often like something out of my background. "If I didn't do it, I'm sure my brother did!" or "Uh. Your problem is he's 15. And a boy."

Young man doesn't always want to bathe (eeeewwww!) and sometimes his face and hair get oily (sometimes as in almost before your eyes ~ remember the part about 15 years old. and a boy.) His mother notices a difference in his facial acne when he doesn't wash his face regularly.

So she says to him. "You're going to scar your face."
He replies, "I thought people who love you will love you regardless of how you look."
Her reply, "That's if you get burned in a fire or something!"

15 years old. and a boy.

P.S. 2 days later and I'm still laughing hard at this one!

2 comments:

My Spacious Cranium said...

I remember this type of deal!One of the guys we grew up with went through this, it became alarming, and lasted a couple years (eek!) but I'm proud to say he smelled fine with I last saw him. The first time his future crush tells him he's stinky he'll find a bar of soap, so no worries! That is the best reasoning I've heard today!! "That's if you're in a fire!" LOVE it!!!!!

Save This MG said...

It's funny when I read it.