Monday, September 22, 2008

Dolly Parton Birthday

Today is going to be THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
 
Our ride up to the Smoky Mountains was fairly uneventful, even nice.  We had only one tiny argument, and my biggest disappointment was that he doesn't like Meatloaf, so I didn't play that c.d.   I like to use road trips to listen to favorite old c.d.'s. 
 
The hotel is something I am going to stress over and over as a positive.  I had a gift certificate for free 2 nights.  So for two free nights, I'm going to stress happiness.  I'm hearing there was some remodeling a few years ago, and I didn't perceive a recent remodel.  What I have found is that it is very clean and the people are very friendly, and there's no sign of anything being worn or ratty.  Is it their fault someone has bad taste in decorating and my room is filled with an odd assortment of faux-Native American designs? 
 
Let me tell you - there's an indoor pool.  Whatever else goes on, there's an indoor pool that's open til midnight.  I even went to W-M hoping to find a "noodle" in the close-out section.  I'm thrilled 'bout that!
 
Last night we just rode up and down the tourist strip going in a few touristy joints.  We ate a supper of sandwich in the room before going back to the pool.  You know I just love swimming.
 
But today is my Dolly Parton birthday!  Dollyworld opens at 10a.m. and we have half price tickets, and then tonight we are meeting a sort-of work friend at Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede!  So it's going to be a Dolly Parton themed birthday!  This could be the best birthday ever! 
 
*The work friend got us free tickets!  So that's dinner and a show for free.  The only catch is the girl is stuck going with us to get the free tix.  I told her how much I appreciated it, especially since I'm sure she's seen it all before.  But as a thank-you, I got my boss (who rocks!) to give me one of the signed cookbooks she has in her office and I've got her a little coffee mug and I'm making her a 'happy' out of it all. 
 
 


Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live. See Now

No comments: