Sunday, April 19, 2009

Outhouse


I found an old outhouse in MyFella's backyard. OK, ok, to be honest, I found it in his next door neighbor's back yard. And to be really honest, she owns like 20 acres. But yeah, the outhouse is like 100 feet back maybe and pretty much on the property line.

I had walked over to kind of look at the land, trying to just get a feel of the land around us. When I said, "Uh, is this"and he said, "yea." It's an outhouse. He said it had probably been there 70 years. It was old from his memory and he's 40 plus. Looks like the current land owner had thrown some old trash and what-not in there, but when I opened the door, no denying, it's an outhouse. Complete with a lid. MyFella said you have to put the lid down "to keep the snakes from coming up."

"To keep the snakes from coming up" ~ ? ? ! ! WhatTha? "and if you hear a popping noise beneath you, it's just the frogs." They get stuck in the muck and it makes a popping sound when they pull free. Who knew?

I'm gonna label this post "adventure" because, well, surely finding an outhouse all of 100 feet from your boyfriend's back door counts as an adventure, right?

1 comment:

Bev said...

I like that boy more & more.
I grew up with outhouses too...my neighbor had a two-seater.