Saturday, April 25, 2009

G Day

Just a short post. Had a wonderful morning with my bestest friend G. The first text said "Get up. I'm hungry" so we headed off to Barksdale's for a cheeseburger and fries at 9a.m. Really, is there any bad time to eat a cheeseburger?

Then spent the morning wandering around the C-Y neighborhood for their first annual neighborhood yard sale. We started at my old apartment and borrowed a map from them, and hit a-many-a yard sale. My biggest score is one of those outdoor new HD antennae. You know MyFella lives way out in the country and we've been pricing them at $100. It's our only hope of receiving a signal way-tha-f out there. It looked like all the pieces were there, with a price of $20. I asked the guy about it and he said, "If you're thinking about it, I'll slash it to half that." Oh, well, if you'll slash it, I'll buy it. Now MyFella and I have to figure out how to climb a pole or something to install it. 'course, he works for the local utility company. Surely he knows someone who can climb a pole. (no dirty thoughts there)

G bought some clothes, and we wandered up to Cafe Ole for a little patio time. I love me some Rose, and lucky for me she was there. So I got a Rose hug before she had to go back to waiting tables in her section.

My neck is sunburned. I can feel it. Oh well.

No comments: