Sunday, May 3, 2009

One step at a time. . .

MyFella and I opened a bank account together. We finished 3 years of dating in January (well, 3 years since the day we met) and I decided to push it. It didn't take but a nudge. He called the bank to see if someone would be there Saturday to open an account.

I've been wanting a little account for us to put money for our "together" things. We're talking about a couple of summer trips, we're looking at promise rings (wedding bands sansa ceremony), and sometimes when the mood is right, we talk about buying a square of land. (I have dreams of a white picket fence, but I'll take what I can get.)

So we're sitting in the bank and I realized that he was gossiping 90 to nothing with the lady, and I realized she was referring to checking accounts when I had clearly said savings. So during a break in his practically non stop litany I said in a real nice voice with a smile "Why don't you stop gossiping so she can work." When she left the room I said, "What I mean is I'm tired of being here, can you stop gossiping?"

Sure enough, we get home and she's messed the account up. He's admitted to having been nervous opening a joint account with some feller, and it's just about all funny by then.

So the biggest thing to know is he loves me enough to sit in his bank branch in his hometown and open an account with me. The next thing to know is, when doing banking with him, try to hit the drive-through. It'll be a lot faster.

No comments: