Friday, May 15, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes . . .

tonight I kept the little ones. If you read Noodle's blog, it's Sass & Spyder. An 11 year old and his younger sister.

I suggested a brief craft project, nothing more than using permanent markers to decorate two plain coffee mugs, one for each parent.

Spyder decided to do the father's, and used some symbolism. The word "Dad" and the words "I hate work" and "I love coffee" started it off. Then he decided to add a few drawings of things that exemplify "his dadness." Such as boxer shorts and a striped tie.

His little sister offered up this tidbit: "sleeping, tooting, eating, that's what dad likes" and the son followed up with "He does like to sit on the couch. He's lazy."

You know I wrote that down so I could remember it later and put it in a handy-dandy blog.

No comments: