Monday, May 4, 2009

Suntrust

Just for the record, I am so annoyed with the banking institution going by the name of Suntrust.

As mentioned in the previous post, MyFella and I opened up a joint account together. When we logged on later, we realized it was set up as the wrong type of account. i.e. checking versus savings, etc.

So on Monday, I emailed the banker and said, "I noticed the account is set up as an one, not the other. Go ahead and leave it that way, please."

You know what she does? She emails me back and tells me she has changed it to what I originally requested, and I'll have to call the toll free number if I want anything different.

Uh- hello? Yoo hooo?

So I called the toll free number, whose best suggestion was "You can open an account the other way if you want me to do that for you."

Uh - you can't get my money right in the first account and the option offered was for me to give them MORE money in a different account?

I hate them more and more as each minute passes. I'm in serious need of a Diet Coke.

___________
P.S. Sometime after lunch and a cold, carbonated diet beverage, I felt much better about the whole thing.

P.P.S. The following day when I got an email from the lady who messed up the account asking if I wanted to open another account, I clicked delete. And told MyFella I was so over his banker it's not even funny. The emotion has passed, but my tolerance for incompetence has not.

No comments: