Sunday, November 2, 2008

Politics

I think I'm just about "done" and put out with all the political statements and diatribes from various personal sources - including the use of websites and internet. I mean, really, what is it with EVERYONE?

Since I had my own little breakdown about two weeks ago, I have steadfast resolved to not participate in political one-shots via Facebook statements, Myspace, etc. ad nauseam. (I've got to check the spelling on that word).

A girl on Facebook the other day had a statement like "Wow! I can't believe an Obama supporter attacked a woman and carved a B in her face! Way to go, Barack!" . . . . Uh ~ hello? First, it was ludicrous to begin with. Second, it was a lie. Did she ever go back and say "Wow! I can't believe a McCain supporter carved a B in her own face and pretended it was an Obama supporter!" Uh, no.

This morning a woman I sorta know has the statement "I hope everyone who supports Obama gets what they deserve, and I don't mean money!" Well, WTF do you mean? That every single citizen who disagrees with you somehow deserves to "get" something? Jeeze oh pete. People really should just calm down.

No comments: