Thursday, January 1, 2009

and a happy new year

The last of my holiday, I happily stretched Christmas decor into the New Year, so as to celebrate New Year's morning with My Fella. We awoke on January 1 and exchanged Christmas presents under the tree. I would call it a Charlie Brown tree, but it's sort of greeny gold tinsel.

The rest of the day we joyfuly spent together. Lunch at a Chinese buffet was my gift to him (it's one of his guilty pleasures, he loves a Chinese buffet restaurant). Then we enjoyed retreats into fantasy land courtesy of the Malco movie theatre chain. Once we found solace in Daniel Craig's lithe body. Then we huddled in fear wondering if a Christian would save us from a joker. Skeeter joined us for a Boys Night Out at the second movie. It was great fun to be guys out. You know, you can fart, tell dirty jokes, etc. Not that we did, but we could have. We found time for a burger at the Belmont Grill with some friends. It's been nice.

No comments: