Sunday, January 4, 2009

Missing Pictures

Saturday lunch was with two wonderful friends, my adopted nephew and his mother. The mother has been my friend for close to 14 years, and as the nephew is in his early teens, I'm thrilled to have watched him grow. And continue to grow. My gosh, that kid is getting tall! I'm also secretly thrilled that he's been known to reference two other uncles with the same name as mine and say "I have three, but only one ever does anything with me."

After lunch with the two of them, MyFella and I took A.N. (adoptive nephew) to what is becoming "our thing to do." We go to the comic book store, and follow that up with a trip to Ben & Jerry's, where we compete vigorously in games of checkers. I admit it, I lose, and I'm not trying to let them win. Oh well.

Saturday night, MyFella and I had dinner with some good friends. It's a couple, and one of them was one of my very first Big City friends. In fact, she was the first Big City friend. Her and her-then partner. I'd really been looking forward to dinner with them, and it was a great time.

Both parties deserved a photo in the blog, but the camera was dead. No picture! Sigh.

No comments: