Monday, October 12, 2009

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine!

The "school nurse" (family nurse practicioner at the employee health clinic where I work) and I have had a tacit agreement for the past several appointments. She tells me I'm diabetic. I tell her I am pre-diabetic with some full diabetic tendencies. She tells me she wants me on metformin, and I tell her to wait. The last couple of A1C's were at a particular level and we kind of agreed if I would keep it there, we'd be o.k., she and I.

Well, today I get home and the lab results are in from the last test. It inched up one tenth.

The note said, "I'm ready to start low-dose Metformin whenever you are TO PREVENT OR AT LEAST REDUCE LONG TERM COMPLICATIONS OF DIABETES."

Well. Fine. Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine!

So I called the clinic and told them to fax a prescription to our mail order pharmacy, and "If they are at my house, I might CONSIDER taking them. But I'm not admitting to her that she's right."

No comments: