Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I think I like the concept of it better than the actuality of it.

or the other title, "This sucks."

Sissy and Kitten are moving. Actually they're not moving like future tense, they're moving like the house is empty, the movers have taken everything away, and tomorrow she takes Sass & Spyder and moves to the new town, many hours away.

See, Kitten took a big job a couple of years back with a big ol' company. They assigned him a project right here, and told him that when the project ended, they would transfer him to some other place. Like Canada. Chicago. New Orleans.

OK. For one, that time was some mystical time in the future. Two, I have a passport, so I felt like I could get to Canada. And three, Amtrak goes to the other two places, which I thought would be a fun way to get there.

Here's the problem ~ that mystical time? It's now. Like, right now. As in, they're gone.

No more cheesy Chinese buffets because it's Kitten's favorite. No more bookstore breaks with Sissy. No more pizza dates with Sass and Spyder.

I'm trying to tell myself that I can kid myself - what with things like email, cell phone texts, Facebook, etc. I'm trying to tell myself that except for not actually seeing them, I'll still be in contact with them.

Only I don't think I'm buying it. The new city is like an 8 or 9 hour drive away. That's far too far to go for a pizza date. Or a bookstore work date.

Sass wasn't even born yet when they moved here, and Spyder was like 3 when they gave birth to Sass. And now they're going to live way far away.

I'm really kind of over this. It sucks.

1 comment:

Piper of Love said...

awwwww, babycakes ((BIG HUG))

something will happen, and there will be a solution, and all will be well... it will! Just you wait and see.

xo