Friday, September 17, 2010

PeveMeister

I know this sounds foolish, even as I write it. But I think everything happens for a reason. Or, at least when I'm not miserable, I like to think so.

So, while I don't think I lost my job just so I could eventually meet the PeveMeister, I do think I ended up taking this job maybe so I would know the PeveMeister. Have I told you about her yet?

OK, I'm not gonna tell much, because it's not my business to tell. She's a 27 year old brunette, very pretty and gorgeous smile. OMG, I just love her. (Say it out loud, O.M.G.) So she and I were working together, both brand new, at this whole cell phone store gig. (Did I tell you about that? Oh well.)

And we're having tons of fun together. Like the time she set off the store alarm and the cops came, and there ended up being more cops than there were employees. And after they left, P.M. said, "I'm glad they looked at your license because mine is suspended." And the time I came in and there was some guy working under the hood of her car and I said,"So he likes you huh?" and she said, "No, we're just friends." I told her she was stupid, and roughly 2 hours later she's in the back room on her cell phone SURPRISED that he called her and told her he likes her. Uh, hello, it was 100 degrees today and he's under the hood of your car in a parking lot.

So PeveMeister is gone off to what I am calling a Sabbatical. She's had some problems and she's off for a brief respite and reset. Thankfully I had forced her to give me her Mom's cell phone number, so I called and got an address for her. Her Dad was a bit ornery with me, but I'm chalking that up to him being a father (and not just some uber conservative Christian type) and I'm focusing on the bright sound in her Mom's voice. So I've been mailing PeveMeister on average twice a week. Usually one is a letter and one is just a note.

She's on sabbatical for 11 weeks and it is my hope that my letters and notes make some kind of small difference in her days. I think it's why we met. She needed a friend. I needed a friend at the new job. It worked out well for both of us.

I don't know what, if anything, the future holds for a bitter, old, fat gay guy like me, and a beautiful young brunette lady like her. We never had Paris, but we had 2 months in the cell phone store and that's enough for a life time. (plus 11 weeks of letters)

No comments: