Saturday, February 16, 2008

February 14 through 16, 2008



A quick company trip took me to Grapevine, Tx, just outside of Dallas for a few days. I hardly left the hotel, but do you really have to when it's a Gaylord property? They build these huge multiplex venues that are just. . . too much, but in a fun way. The Gaylord Texan has a huge atrium area and probably half of the rooms look onto/into it. Inside the atrium is a sort of Texan world. The restaurant looks like a Mexican building, there's a miniature train set and village, a fake bull. It's all rather funny in a neat way. Well, neat for $200 a night. But it was definitely a more comfortable room and bed than last week's trip.

I went to the mall and found a store called Steve & Barry's. Everything is $8.98. Everything. Shoes, jackets, sweatshirts, t-shirts, adults, children, etc. So yes, I overdid shopping and had to stuff my small suitcase to come home. You know I fall for a gimmick every time, and I know I do. I know it even when it is happening! Oh well.


No comments: