Thursday, April 19, 2007

Darned Television Addictions

I am just all put out. Apparently BBC started Season 3 of the new Doctor Who on December 25, 2006. I've been wondering why the 'ell it was taking so long, but it looks like SciFi decided not to pick it up. I've occasionally glanced across the BBC channel on my Comcast, but don't see it. So now we're knee deep into April, I'm left hanging with the goodbye season from last season where Rose & The Doctor say goodbye, and some new girl in a wedding dress showed up.

A quick look on imdb tonight confirmed my worst fears. I've missed it. I've missed it. I've missed it.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/episodes


My Fella asked me to come next weekend to his home and us go to a fundraiser fish fry. He remembers me telling him that my "dream" rehearsal dinner for a wedding would be a fish fry. The big ol' local Southern kind with a local man who probably handmade a fryer that deep, and is probably associated with the local fire department, is fryin up stuff faster than the other folks can spread it out for kith & kin to put on their styrofoam plates.

We were going to take Jamie to the zoo, but the zoo can wait. And after a year's worth of My Fella driving here to see me, who am I to turn down his invitation to go to a fish fry? He does know how to charm me. If the weather's good, we'll go for another horse riding lesson.

2 comments:

Walt said...

Have you managed to track down any of the episodes of this season's Doctor Who yet? They've all been top caliber so far. There is a binaries newsgroup dedicated to the Doctor where the new episodes get posted every week. It's alt.binaries.drwho. Give it a look.

Walt said...

Sorry you haven't found the new series yet. Luckily you won't have to wait too much longer. The SciFi Channel is going to start airing Series 3 in July.

Thanks for the mention in the recent posting. Every once in a while I get bored and hit the "Next Blog" button at the top of the blogspot page and read random blogs. Never commented on one until now.