Saturday, March 1, 2008

General Posts

I have casually told myself to quit posting just for the sake of posting. I've told myself that daily minutae (I'll have to check my spelling on that word) isn't interesting, nor is it really how I want to use my blog. So there may be fewer blogs for right now.

Having said that, here is a general rambling just the same: I am in my hometown. I rolled in for a memorial service. If you remember "that cousin" mentioned a while back (I have no idea how to go back and link to that post), his MIL passed away and the memorial service was yesterday. Apparently he no longer lives with his wife and kids. He instead lives with his girlfriend and the two year old they share. His children openly call him "the biggest manwhore alive." My mother openly dislikes him for something that happened during the funeral of his mother (stepgrandmother that raised him) and daddy still openly dislikes him. However, both his wife and her brother have been friends for years. Though I never knew the woman, I think they appreciated my presence at the memorial service yesterday. And let me first say that the service was very nice, and very respectful, and was something along the lines of what she had wanted, I still find it odd it was held in the little meeting room of a local restaurant ~ complete with after service snacks of chicken tenders, onion rings, fried mushrooms, cheesesticks and fried pickels.

Last night I took the second grader nephew to our regular visit, and the bereaved came over as well. I wanted to ask her "Do you plan on leaving your husband or just putting up with this crap?" but I figured I wasn't the first person to ask and it was really none of my business. My nephew had fun, as always.

The two year old is giving me some time finally. Says my name and plays with me. I'm happy about that.

I hate my cell phone. I've waited too long to return it. Word of advice: Don't buy the refurb deals off the AT&T/Cingular website.

Did I tell you that My Fella and I had a fabulous weekend last weekend, even including the part where we moved his sister out of the home of her now-failed marriage. There was some minor drama on Saturday night and I gave both MyFella and his sister a good cussing for allowing it to happen. They just HAD to keep hauling crap out when they didn't have to. Ugh.

Nephews just walked in, so I'm gonna go. I may update it later.

No comments: