Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend

It was a very nice weekend for the most part. MyFella got a little ornery sometimes, I don't know why. He's just like that some weekends. He'll do the oddest things, like be so sweet and suggest we eat at my favorite restaurant I know good and well he hates, but then he'll just be fussy over going to church. I can't even explain why he dislikes my church ~ it's odd just saying it, much less writing it. And he bought me as a surprise gift an area rug for this living room. Anyway, his ornery side aside, we had a good time.

Saturday night, we took my friend Tamme to the theatre to see Tennessee Williams' play about the Iguana hotel, or whatever it's called. For all 3 of us, it was our first time to see a Tennessee Williams play. I think we all decided that we liked it, we certainly enjoyed the production, but somebody should have told ol' Tennessee that if can be said in 3 minutes, there's no need to take 9 to say it. That character of the defrocked priest/travel guide rambled waaaaaaay too much.

The granddaughter/grandfather team were easily identifiable as scam artists from the start, but I enjoyed the granddaughter's style.

And the 'lady manager' of the hotel, I could fall in love with her. And never begrudge her the beautiful night swimmers. Perhaps I envy her. But if I can't be her, I'd love to be her closest friend.

Today was just a nice day (aside from his attitude about church) and we joined T&M at Soul Fish (with he and I visited twice this weekend and it seems to be his favorite place in town, note to self).

There's really not much to say.

No comments: