Friday, March 7, 2008

Tires & Stuff

In the past, I've bought tires for $100 a tire. I would search and search the big city, but always found an equal or better price in my hometown from an old pal of mine. $400 to get tires on. Geez. So this time, MyFella's brother bought the tires for me from someone who sells tires (they swore they are not stolen) and always gives him a break. Apparently the whole family has tires bought from this guy. $272. Then MyFella sent me to the local co-op who put them on for $35. Total. So for $307, I got a new set of tires and was finished by 8:30a.m.

I took a vacation day today and am making myself a long weekend. MyFella's taking off at lunch today. Sometime tomorrow* I will drive back home. My brother and his wife are coming to town and spending the night with me, in advance of her 8a.m. Sunday flight. I live ten minutes from the airport. They live more like 80 miles from the airport. They tell me they will be in town in time for us to have supper or something together. 'course they don't sometimes eat til 10 o'clock. So who knows.

The weather is forecasting snow, and here I am in the rural area without so much as a good book to read. While I would like to see snow, I would also like to have a good book or be at home or something. But being snowbound with MyFella wouldn't be so bad. He's got plenty of food and internet. I may run in W-M and buy a paperback "just in case."

I took Jamie 'to work' this morning. It was kind of funny, MyFella had to drive there in front of us because I didn't know where it was located. So there's me and Jamie riding along and sometimes at a stop light we'd wave at MyFella. Then just before we got there, I said, "Is this where you work?" and he said "Yea, turn here." Great. Thanks for the help man.

We'll probably go to his most preferred locally owned place for lunch. It's usually clean and if it's not, you know it's because you came in the middle of the rush. I'll be able to find some kind of grilled chicken or something on the menu, so I'll be fine. I think I'm saving one of my Diet Cokes for the day for lunch. I've put myself on a 2 a day limit and it seems to work just fine if I don't think about it too much.

Good day and good weather to you.

No comments: