Tuesday, April 29, 2008

3 glasses of ice tea and 2 cups of coffee later

for a dinner that didn't end until 9p.m., no wonder I'm wired and wide awake at 11p.m. But oh how good it was.

Appetizer: oyster on a half shell and oyster in a shot glass with tomato juice, both halves of a small, six inch lobster tail, two jumbo shrimp with the red sauce, a lump of crab meat and tuna tar tare with an avacodo salad

Salad: maui onion, ripley tomato red and yellow, cubed cucumber, generous wedge of blue cheese and a roasted garlic viniagrette

Entree: Veal chop breaded with a lemon butter sauce and two asparagus, with a generous portion of lump crap.

Dessert: creme brulee

Worth every risk to high cholesterol and diabetes. Words fail me to describe the deliciousness of it. It was a soft opening for a new restaurant at work and the managers and above got to go. I missed my seating time and ended up sitting alone. I really don't have that many friends at work and the ones I have are going tomorrow night. But when they sat the salad down in front of me, with that wedge of blue cheese on it, I knew I didn't want anyone around me anyway. I focused very carefully on how to eat that delicious salad in order to maximize my private blue cheese experience.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

Definitely worth a couple of extra hours at work. Most of is sounds delish! The "lump crap" sounds rather unappetizing though. LOL!