Sunday, April 6, 2008

General this 'n that

One day this week I walked into the spare room, saw an outfit hanging in there and thought, "Guess Red's coming back." Somehow, I had missed that part of our conversation. So right as rain, she was back Friday late. We did a night out at Molly's with our girlfriend Drawbridge.

Did I tell you I hacked up and vomited something awful Monday night? You know I spent all that time last weekend with the constant nasal drip. Well, it got the best of me and I spewed in the bathroom at Molly's. It's an odd sort of vomit, when you know it's just because you have so much vile bile in your tummy. So I got a ride home and got home and did it again. Double ugh. Again, just so much snot and mucus. So gross.

So a run to the doctor's office Tuesday morning was in order. He's had me on antibiotics all week plus two shots of something or another. A little case of bronchitis and a sinus infection. It's still lingering but worlds better. And now the snot comes out the front of my nose. I really prefer it that way to dripping down my throat.

Work is going well. I have a follow up meeting in the morning with the V.P. It should go pretty well. I made headway on most every project this week, save one.

Time with Red was well spent. It was good to have her here. Even if I did have to call it an early night Monday.

My friend, the one with the slight housing problem (homeless and jobless) had a job interview Thursday. We're keeping our fingers crossed. I called a favor of a former-work friend in the employment office who helped to get him in front of the hiring manager. He spent a night here, and I think he'll probably come and hang a few nights here this week. If the job comes through, I may offer him like to come and spend the nights for his first week here, so he's clean and freshed for the orientation and stuff. (I think I may have thought 'freshed' as a shortened version of 'freshened up'.)

MyFella and I will end up with two weekends/three weeks without seeing each other by the time we see each other next. He gets a little neuoris type behavior going and it gets worse the closer he gets to the end of a semester. I'm gonna have to be patient with him.

I can't really think of much else that wouldn't be useless chatter.

No comments: