Friday, May 25, 2007

Just a day,

not much to blog.
- Got a call from my friend who helped me get the interview. They told her they were impressed and I really knew my stuff, but they needed a few days to mull over the department themselves, since the org chart had just restructured to have them in charge of it.

- My Fella was in town last night. His uncle (if his dad is in his 70's, the uncle is at least late 60's) was thrown from a horse and somehow landed with some serious head injury and practically the whole family converged last night here in town at the hospital. I ended up taking a clean shirt of mine for his aunt to wear, not particularly stylish for her, I'm sure, but at least sans the blood of her husband.

-Did my volunteer work today at the literacy council. Only 4 people in the lab.

-Pending what My Fella thinks they are doing tomorrow regarding the uncle, and his subsequent surgery on his noggin, I am driving over there. My Fella said he could use the distraction, and his parents most recently said they were not driving (riding with one of their adult children driving) back over here tomorrow.

-Cat was killed in the parking lot last night, and I think I may have done it. I hate the cats, feral beasts that they are, and I have tried to tell Foo Foo Neighbor for months now that it was foolish to bring them over here. They are, if anything, less safe here than where their wild mother wanted to birth them. It is, after all, a parking lot. She either needs to treat them like pets and take them in, or treat them like wild animals. But she's preferred this half-and-half situation where she feeds them at her back door and they run all around the apartment parking lot. It looks like something out of a bad white-trash movie.

Anyhow, I left around midnight for a quick run to the store, and 20 minutes later one was dead in the drive. Which makes me wonder if I clipped it as I left. But it could of been anybody. And I think it's death may (hopefully) have been the impetus Foo Foo needs to get the damned cats a home.

-Had two comments from other bloggers. They were my first. It was a surprise when I found them. So I've added their blogs to My Favorites list, and when I stroll through blogs, I click on theirs. (Hello to both of you, Walt & Mirage Chopper).

No comments: