Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Bubbles on hauling hay

My Fella and I had a tiny misunderstanding (argument) last night. It’s been a few weeks since we’ve seen each other and I’m feeling a little down over the job sit, and I’m missing him (whiny sigh), etc. So we were going to spend this whole weekend together, probably with me going there.

First came the comment that his sister in law (who I’ve met and I refer to as ‘his brother’s current wife’) is graduating from nursing school Saturday and they are all going. That didn’t bother me. I volunteered to ride over with them, and rather than have Jamie traverse all those steps in an auditorium, I said, “Yaw go. I’ll take him for a Coke and we’ll walk through a store or something.” Then the comment “We might have to haul hay this weekend.” That caught me off guard, I don’t remember when hay season starts. I know it’s a big deal, if they help this cousin cut, bail & haul hay to sell, they get all they want/need for their barns/horses to feed them for the winter. A friend of mine with a bit of a horse & farm background says hay isn’t cheap and I need to understand it, so I do. But I was ticked. So I said, “Are you telling me we won’t see each other this weekend?” for the third weekend. He thought quick on his feet and said, “I’m telling you that since I’m out of school for the semester Wednesday night, I’ll take 2 vacation days and ride over after class, and spend Thursday and Friday with you.”

Well now, I’m happy again. Until last night when he told me to “pray for rain” because only if it rains will he come. WHAT? “I told you.” “Uh, no you didn’t. You told me you were coming Thursday and Friday because you’ll spend the whole weekend either at the graduation or bailing & hauling hay.” He said, “Which we won’t do if it rains. If it doesn’t rain, we’ll do it in the afternoons on Thursday & Friday. I told you.”

Uh. No. You didn’t.

So we had a little sort of telephone argument with him telling me he’s going to drive over Wednesday night and he was hoping I would drive over sometime late Saturday after the graduation and we should both hope for rain. So I’m really confused and just darned annoyed by it all.

So I’m telling Bubbles about it this morning while I’m playing Girl Friday and Bubbles said it was freaky enough when I said, “I’m going to ride a horse” but if she heard me say “I’m going to haul hay” she was going to call my family and have an intervention.

I said, “Don’t call my family – call G, Red and 9. What if I never listen to dance music again?”

She said, “I’m not calling G. She’ll realize how bad it is and think it’s funny. She’ll go buy you a pick up truck. If I call Red and 9, they’ll fly right up here with martini in hand, realizing how serious it is. G’s just going to watch it happen and laugh.”

1 comment:

Breckrider said...

This is G and you got that right!!!