Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shining Star!

I just received an employee award for community service! It sounds cheesy, but I'm so excited! They came in my office (while I was typing a personal email to MyFella) clapping and carrying on, and said I had won a shining star for my service to the nursing home. A friend-girl co-worker 'V' nominated me.

I thought it was odd that one of my employees had asked me if I would be here at 11 because someone wanted to call back and talk about groups for 2009, but you know my clients can be so odd that I really didn't over think that.

I've got a new name badge with little stars on it that says "Shining Star of the Quarter Community Service" and I get a primo parking spot for 3 months (THREE MONTHS!) because it's a quarterly award, and I got a little check (going straight to November rent!). And when they have the next employee luncheon, I think I get a little statue thing.

How cool huh? You know, I'm usually so "over" so much stuff. But this has just made my day. I'm so like "This is the best place to work EVER!"

1 comment:

Save This MG said...

It's always good to be recognized by your peers as long as it's not because your mugshot is posted in the paper.