Saturday, October 11, 2008

Youthful Phrases

as shared with me by two of the four siblings of The 4 Children that I love so much.

"Flexitarian." When you want to be vegetarian, but you're just too poor too afford it. As in, at work, a friend says, "Hey. I'm not going to eat all this sub sandwich. You want half?" or "Hey. We're cooking out tonight. Want to come over?" and really, it's your best chance for a meal that your poor-butt best not turn it down.

"Heterosexual Life Partner." Young straight men, when "BFF" just isn't enough.


Advice on dating: "It's good to be the cuter one. It gives you all kinds of power." Followed up by "I've never dated anyone cuter than me. Well, I'm pretty cute and I never dated anyone who had more cuteness potential than me. Like, he may have tried harder to be cute, and sometimes I'm kind of grubby, so it kind of equaled out. But I always had more cuteness potential."

No comments: