Sunday, October 19, 2008

Torchwood

OMG, that first episode of Torchwood was fabulous! The blowfish letting the old lady pass on the crosswalk, the tension between Jack and his old lover, the tension between Jack and Ianto, all of it just a double cross. The good humor in British style was spot on.

It's like cold water on a hot day.

Thank you, BBC. Thank you.

______
After reading an opinion posted on line about Torchwood, I'm second guessing myself. I'm bad about doing that sometimes. But usually only on things that don't really matter. So now I'm wondering if the first episode of season 2 was really any good or not. Did I really enjoy the homo-banter, or did I prefer it when it was much better hid and stealthy? Was the outrageous kissing really necessary, or any part of this world? Was it ever a scary story, or did I know from the start that this guy would double cross them? Maybe it wasn't all that good.

__________

After watching episode 2, I'm really confused. I think it was a little better. But somehow, I knew all along that the young alien lady would find a way to kill herself to save her humanity. I did like the one little when Ianto said, "He is dashing." and everyone sorta agreed. I kind of thought it was funny.

Sigh. I just don't know.

____________

I've watched "To the last man" and loved the writing thoroughly. The "one morning" music is modern but haunting. The play between Toshiko & Tommy is drawn out nicely. Her conflicts seem normal in an unnormal situation. Oddly enough, the only thing I did not like is the kissing between Jack & Ianto. It seems oddly anti-climactic and a let-down. All the play, the subtletly, the tension, gone in a clumsy kiss. Just too something.

Oh well.

"One Of These Mornings"

One of these mornings
Won't be very long
You will look for me
And I'll be gone

No comments: