Saturday, October 11, 2008

Torchwood


OK, so here's my problem: Having waited months and months for Torchwood to come out on dvd/Netflix, it's finally here! The problem? I learned my lesson (maybe?) with the most recent season of Stargate: Atlantis and the last season I watched of MI-5.

You see, Torchwood (and I'm sooooo thinking ahead to Dr. Who, on my Netflix list and showing it will pop up in November! YEAH!) and other shows play off a subtle weaving of emotions week to week. With Dr. Who & Torchwood, there's often just something at the end that's left you wanting more. . . a sad ending, a happy ending, a curious ending, a two-parter. SOMETHING! And you find yourself positively moist with anticipation by the time a week passes and the next episode comes on. That makes it sort of like tantric-t.v.

But what do you do when you can, quite literally, wait for MONTHS AND MONTHS and then, if you work your Netflix que right, complete the ENTIRE SEASON IN LIKE A DAY, or a weekend! Then, what do you do for like the next FULL YEAR! aaaaggghhhhh!

I guess I could watch one episode, return the dvd, and put it right back on my que. Or force myself to watch only one dvd and wait a week in between. But you know a regular series stretches out something like, what jeeze, weeks and weeks and weeks?

Sigh. The first dvd is here now. What to do, what to do?

No comments: