Sunday, July 22, 2007

General Blog

With a lack of a computer consistent, blogs are few and far between. Here's a wee bit:

Dr. Who: Season 3 has started, and I'm just wow'd. The season opener had me confused. I spent the first half of the show hoping she wasn't the new passenger, and the second half hoping she was, and I've kept it on the dvr to watch it again. I've just laughed so much. Of course, I've had to keep the closed captioning on. Those accents are too strong for my ears.

Episodes 2 & 3 with Martha are quite nice. I was happy to see The Face of Boe, and sad that he died. He has seen so much, perhaps too much. He was the last of his kind, though we don't know what kind that it/was. Martha was introduced nicely I thought, she's got a great smile, and I like the way they are treating the memory of Rose. She's not been forgotten like a bad girlfriend, but treated more like a mourning for her. The two new visitors don't understand, of course, they probably think it's more of a break up, not someone living in a whole different dimension. But, he did what he promised her mom he would do. He took care of her, and he saved the world. But I like Martha and think it should be a very good season.

Work has progressed just fine. This was the first full week of real work, and still I was physically wore out at the end of each day. Just trying to shock my body back into a work routine. Work passwords and emails finally came on Friday. Now it really begins. lol. Oh, there's a microwave at work. I swear, it must be one of the first ever made.

Sissy is off on the grand family adventure. Someday I'll learn how to link to other posts, but she's "Frommynoodle" and she's with kith & kin. She stopped to pick up Mamaw on the way. Did I tell you I had Mamaw to my Mom & Dad's for supper? Anyway, Mamaw is sort of . . . . well, let's just say that you can have an entire conversation with her, and she's perfectly lucid for it. The problem is, she's hearing things completely different from what you are saying, so her conversation is a bit different than yours. But I am sure they are all having a grand ol' time.

My Fella has been looking for me and searching for me a laptop. We're going to go wireless router and just really get a good firewall and virus protection, to keep whatever's happening to the desktop from happening again. Tennessee has a tax free weekend in about 2 weeks. Maybe we can figure it out by then and by it in the great state instead of on line.

There's so much more I've been wanting to blog, but without the access, it just fades. Oh well.

1 comment:

Walt said...

Regarding Doctor Who (you knew this was coming) - this has been a fantastic season, in my humble opinion. I've really grown to adore Martha but just wish they would have let her do a little more. She seems to be a little too backgroundy to me for the first third of the season, but then gets to do more and more.

You'll get an explanation about who or what the Face of Boe was by the end of the season.

I thought Donna (the Runaway Bride) was a trip.

I don't know how up you are on the spoilers for the rest of the season or even for next year, so I won't say anything else, other than I just read Torchwood has been picked up by Sci Fi and will start showing it sometime later this year. I really liked that show, even though you really needed to suspend your disbelief more (though in a different way) than Doctor Who.

Glad you're enjoying the show.