Monday, July 2, 2007

There's no place like home, there's no place like home. . . . .

You'd think I'd been gone a week, but it's been well less than. I was up and on the road at 8:03a.m., and traffic out of Baton Rouge was steady, but wow, those folks coming into the city on the interstate! (Here's a hint - several cops running radar in both directions.)

Talked to my soon-to-be boss today and confirmed everything. I have an appointment in the morning, a couple of them, to do various and sundry bits of paperwork, and I think I'll cap it off with lunch with an old friend. I'm very much looking forward to ending this "unfortunate period of under-employment" with a positive job and payroll. I have orientation on Monday & Tuesday, and start to be all that I can be on Wednesday.

My Fella is coming Friday & Saturday, and we're hoping to take several friends to supper Friday night at a favorite pizza joint as a thank you for their support during these past few months. On Sunday, I'm headed to my Mom & Dad's to get a nice visit in with them before the new job.

Tonight I am at Sissy & Kitten's (also called "Noodle" in her own blog) for a bite of supper. It smells yummy. She's making a rotel chicken, and she's battering & deep frying vegetables. The best kind! Afterwards, I have to pick up some groceries. There's just nothing at that house of mine!

No comments: