Tuesday, July 24, 2007

General Post

My reaching out has paid off with some good information, which I've passed onto My Fella, and he will share with his parents. A friend of mine from high school is an eye doctor at a children's hospital, and he gave me some good thoughts & advice. Someone else I know is an anesthesiologist who has had patients like this before, and gave some good information on some ways that a Down's patient may be handled in a situation that might freak them out. Someone else here found a local opthalmologist who has a Down's child, so should be very familiar with the ins and outs of communicating with them. I am very thankful for this information. I mean, I recognize that it's "just a cataract" and they're fairly common place and routine to correct. But he's just not a common place fella. So knowledge is power, and I feel I've helped to empower them a bit, and give them some information without waiting a month and a half.

Sissy is home, though I haven't talked with her. Brief reports indicate a fabulous holiday.

Work is going fine. A little odd. I think. . . . . I think this department has been a step child for so long, that they finally just liked it that way, and they just pretty much do it "their way." It gets the job done, so there was never any reason to complain about them. But they are very much . . . . just internal, inbound, "we've always done it this way" or "we've had this problem for soooo long." yadda. yadda.

Starbucks had a line again this morning. I am just NOT doing it. I'm not waiting in line at 7a.m. I am NOT.

Oh, here's a funny one. Ran into an old friend this week, who I haven't seen in a while. She's such a classic tom boy and I tried hard as hell to turn her into a girl, finally saying a few years ago, "Don't call me when you wake up the first time next to a girl. That's nothing. Call me when you've done it five times." She reminded me of that and said, "I should have called you a while back." Well, that explains the bad taste in shoes.

All right, off to home. Good wishes to all.

No comments: