Monday, July 9, 2007

General Rambling

The new job starts tomorrow, and I am quite happy to be bringing unemployment to an end. Orientation, code word for really long meeting, is 8 1/2 hours tomorrow. Ugh! But still, as of the morning I get there, I am employed and on salary and on insurance. Just as soon as the insurance cards come in, I'm going to get my teeth cleaned. I'd hate to admit to how long it's been.

Went to Little Rock this past Thursday and had the nicest visit with a friend of mine from high school and her family. Her two children are the ages of my two nephews (who are, by the way, adorable). We had a nice lunch downtown on their river district, Little Rock's attempt at a Beale Street or a walking tourist area. Then drinks later with some friends of hers, two or three I've met in the past. I ended up trying, poorly, to play the on screen trivia game with one of her friends, a really cute guy who obviously didn't know I was gay while we stood at the trough in the bathroom peeing. He was just too funny. Anyway, that little fantasy aside, dinner back at the house was ribs left over from the 4th of July and they were very good.

(You can see Clinton's Trailer from a great distance. I just can't imagine for a minute he didn't realize that the outside is ugly and looks like a large metal rectangle box. Someone really should have pulled him aside in the early stages of construction and said, "Look, Bill, I know you were governor twice, and president and all, I mean, I know it's your library, but uh, let's look back over this design one more time." My Fella are hoping to go back together and go through the library, ugly not withstanding.)

Am visiting Mom & Dad today, who ticked me off within 15 minutes of my arrival. I think it was "Your mom would have cooked lunch, but your brother never said if they were coming down or not." Uh, yea, so I'm starving and making a white bread sandwich because my little brother and his wife & kids weren't coming for lunch. I was less than pleased. For supper tonight, she's cooked my sister-in-law's favorite pie. But I will admit that it's one of my favorite meals, her home made chicken strips. To fry them just right to a good golden brown, battered in egg white and flour, it takes fer-ever. Not just forever, but fer-ever. lol. I think Mom is inviting my sister-in-law's parents. They've always gotten along real well and I enjoy seeing them. I've also invited Mamaw, who is Sissy's grandmother by birth. Her birthday was yesterday and I haven't seen the holidays. She'd best not say a word about how fat I am. That little repeat of the holidays . . . . .

The dog, Princess, is getting older and older, and it hurts my heart. When she first came to us, I could hold her in the palm of my hand. Dog years, they say, and she's more and more aged with each trip home.

Soon Nephew 1 is going with me to get Mamaw. My home computer is on the fritz, and we think perhaps that I was negligent in having a firewall, allowing some virulent virus to come through the Comcast system and attack. So posts are few and far between.

No comments: