Sunday, January 13, 2008

a drive in the country

Today around noon, knowing I did not have to rush out early, I asked My Fella to take us for a drive. (With him, you have to clarify ride versus drive, else you end up on the back of a horse for a country ride). We had the nicest afternoon. I couldn't tell you exactly where we rode, because I'm not exactly sure. But there's a river along there somewhere and we caught some nice views of the river rolling by. There were some great views we passed and I said more than once, "I wish I had my camera!" We passed by old barns falling down, we saw this concrete arch that (maybe?) was once an entrance into an old cemetery, a concrete railing that looked like it was left over from some previous landmark or community that has sense been surpassed by river-front-second-homes, we saw some pretty animals - wild turkeys, young calves, four young deer running through a front yard. It was really a very nice drive.

The sky was kind of overcast and not much sun out, so probably I'll get more pretty pictures on another day anyway. But I'm glad for the drive. I know those things are out there, and I'll be back.

1 comment:

piper said...

You are a romantic about things, in the same ways that I am. We are odd kind of kindred spirits, me and you, I think? I'm sure I adore you!

~xo