Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday.

It's been a good day and a nice close out to the weekend. I woke up still feeling good from the visit with my family and friends in my hometown and went off to church where I thoroughly enjoyed the service. The closing hymn was "Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling" which I remember as a song we sang at church ~ the church where Noodle and I both went so long ago. I remember sitting in the back with the boys and singing so many of those songs and intentionally lowering our voices for "come home." I really remember doing it for "Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms." But I digress ~ the point is I so enjoyed the service.

After church I ran a few errands. A few errands more than I should have, but still. Maybe I did not need some of the plastic crap I bought at Big Lots, but I got a great deal on it.

An afternoon visit with G&D and the boys finished out the repairs on my mirror. "The mirror" from my childhood (yes, I know, there is an odd theme to this weekend.) That mirror hung in our living room, above the couch, for years. And then I brought it with me to Memphis. It fell during "The Great Move of October" and some of the trim was broken off. But it's been repaired, repainted, etc. and now just waits for G to come over and hang it.*

Dinner with J&K tonight. I think we all sort of wanted to go out and eat, but we all sort of agreed to just "eat in." So we had beans and rice. We'll throw all sorts of stuff in a pot of beans and rice. We don't care. It's all good.

It's been a good day. Closing out a good weekend.

*If you're wondering if I can't hang a mirror, the point of it is this ~ little projects are bonding time for me and G. Plus, she really knows how to find a wood stud in the wall and make darned sure that the nail or screw is really in. Not just merely in. But really most sincerely in.

1 comment:

piper said...

'Not just merely in. But really most sincerely in.' ~ LOL

I sang those songs at church too, and lowered my voice. I was singing along to your post.

What a great writer you are. Why can't we be B/F/F? Or neighbors at least?