Wednesday, January 9, 2008

General Blog

Just a quick post - the three day convention has ended and I return to work tomorrow. It was a good convention and a good one for me to take one of my employees. Because it was here, home, I didn't have any hotel costs, and I could easily justify the additional registration for her as training and succession planning. Succession planning being a phrase they love in my line of business - shows you as a proactive boss making plans for your own advance and preparing someone to take your spot. I just figure it's just as likely I'll get hit by a bus and she'll need the knowledge. Anyway, I did learn the hard way that if you live in the host city, you end up with a lot of dead time, hotel lobby time. Others can go back to their rooms and freshen up. Me? It was just a ten minute drive home, but another 5 bucks in parking if I did and just a ridiculous amount of driving versus a ridiculous amount of sitting in the hotel lobby. Ugh.

I hate to report that the picture of the eel tank did not come out. On the same roll, my photo's from Christmas were shade and shadow filled so some potentially nice family photo's are . . . lousy. And someone who took a photo of me and my entire staff managed to frame it up with a huge open area to the right, practically cut me off to the left, and cut off most of the bodies of those sitting down. That roll must have been jinxed.

My Fella's brother is doing well, out of the hospital and continuing his recovery. He still gets tired a bit and takes cat naps, but that's to be expected. I am going to see him this weekend. I figure by this time next week, he'll be as good as he ever was.

All right, it's late and since the convention is in my town, I don't get a travel day tomorrow. It's back to the coal mines, so I'm off to bed.

Happy Thursday (tomorrow) to you.

No comments: