Saturday, January 5, 2008

General Blog

The last couple of days, I just haven't felt able to blog about anything. I tried to write the obligatory New Year's post - you know, to talk about the old, the new, etc. The more I wrote it, the more it sounded lame and dorky. So I've left it as a draft. I really want to hit 'delete' and get rid of it altogether.

But onward: the weekend was supposed to take me to My Fella's in our goal to spend as much time as possible together before school starts for him. But his little brother has gotten sick and has been in the hospital. I have an urge to to drive up there to see his brother, but that's a long way to go to just sort of be in the way. Given his brother's pre existing condition, someone stays with him in the room all the time. It breaks my heart to think of him in the hospital. I just called up there and they handed the phone to him and he said "I hurt." I've got my Christian friends putting him on their prayer lists. The condition is not life threatening and he'll probably be out in a day or two. It's just hard to think of someone with a more child-like mindset being in the hospital.

So I'll probably spend the weekend here 'round town. Christmas took a chunk out of my income, so I'll keep it low key. Some books to read, some Netflix, etc.

I met Noodle, Skeeter & the Urchins last night at McAlister's and then we hung out at the bookstore for a little while. It's always good to have a glass of McAlister's sweet tea. You know, someone told My Fella that one of them near his home is no good and he's just dead set against it here. It's funny how we have such different tastes in food and restaurants. But anyway, last night made for a real nice reason to get out of the house. Funny how it's colder in my apartment than it is outside.

The new year was a good reason to put down new blankets. Changed the bed sheets and put down a new electric blanket and a new king sized throw. OMG, the bed is so comfy with that electric blanket on # 4, just putting off enough heat to beat back the chill.

Anyway, whatever it is I'm going to do today, I should go get started on. Have yourself a merry little weekend!

No comments: