Monday, October 22, 2007

Goodbye Comcast, evil division of hell

So last week, I'm sneaking some time in at the office paying bills, and having a helluva hard time using Comcast's website to pay their bill. Finally clicked on their "live chat" option, knowing it would provide useless information, and it did . . . . provide useless information . . . . but while I was wasting that time, I noticed that the amount on my bill had changed.

So I called the number on the bill and was told why the bill changed - get this . . . . at the old place I had both digital cable and internet (remember the six plus visits from a tech since Comcast took over Time Warner to try and get the internet to work correctly) and at the new place I had (until this morning) just cable . . . and my cable only bill went up by $21 which brought it awfully close to the amount of the old bill. . . . the lady said, "Oh, you had a special, and specials don't transfer."

Specials don't transfer? Whatthafukdoesthatmean? Specials don't transfer? So I said to her, "I'm paying $21 more because I moved?" and she repeated it, like a mantra. . . "You had a special, and specials don't transfer." So I said, "Are there any specials available?" No.

Apparently, specials don't transfer, but lousy customer service does. Remember I had to go down to the office in person to request this transfer because two separate on-line entities could not help me. . . . and the one lady who saw me in person was not . . . what? trained to look at the bills and tell me? unable to look at the account and tell me? just thought it would be a fun surprise?

$21 dollars a month more, because I moved.

They got their digital cable box back this morning, and I've been on AT&T's internet for a week or so now. I hate Comcast, I loathe them and their horrible version of customer service. To hell with them. That old lady who smashed up their office with a hammer had the right idea. Useless company and useless bunch of employees.

No comments: