Tuesday, October 9, 2007

This and that . . . .

The guy across the way came over and showed me how to unplug the a/c unit. He swears it's perfectly safe, and I can plug it back in if need be, and he assured me he'll have the thermostat working tomorrow. How funny, that my apt. should be cooler than my fridge.

What I think are allergies have knocked me on my feet all day. And last night. I wonder if part of it had to do with something I ate. You know, in my mind, I am horrible about worrying about food poisoning and avoid with a passion pre made mayo products. No store bought potato salad for me, or tuna salad, and only at one place will I eat chicken salad. I knew a cook there once and he said it was so homemade he boiled chickens. But anyway, at this little gathering last night, somebody brought sandwiches and I heard them say they were left overs from a party they had on Saturday. I think there may have been just enough mayo on them to upset my stomach, and combined with an allergy problem, I've had quite an exhausting day and night.

I kept the email, it came through on a web based email, quite some time ago. I always know it's there, hidden in it's folder. It tells me, just as did the weather change to cooler days, that the anniversary of Ray's death is close. It's the email from his friend that said, "call me. I have Ray's cell phone." The young man didn't have my number. Ray would soon be dead. Probably nothing anyone could do. The prognosis on his type of stomach cancer was bad from the start. I miss Ray. I miss him like he just moved last week and I want to talk to him about something, about everything, about anything.

My Fella and his brother are coming Saturday. I've got to clean up the room Jamie will be staying in. It's full of about 5 bags of clean laundry that I have been too lazy to put away.

Oh well, it's 11:30 and I'm tired, and if I want to make it to Rotary in the morning, I have to get up early.

No comments: