Thursday, October 25, 2007

Heat & Air

After 22+ days of living here, I had an hour of drama and composed a rather lengthy email and sent it to the manager of the property. I explained to him that plugging and unplugging the air conditioner* was not my idea of having air, and that I really wanted heat when the weather changed. I then went ahead and complained because on the few days the weather was nice and I didn't need the air, my windows don't have screens and then for good measure I mentioned the missing knob off the stove top - knowing good and well I could live here a lifetime and never need all four eyes on the stove.

I did try to call one last time to make my complaint before sending the email, but Sara, the nice lady I've talked to before, wasn't there. So I went drama-email. And I have a response from the manager who said that today I will have air & heat, screens, a knob and since I had previously mentioned to Sara that the apartment wasn't clean, would I like a complimentary cleaning service.

Thank goodness - finally. I mean, they did give me a small break in rent for next month, but you know, I can pay my rent. I just can't manage the air temperature with my psychic and telekinetic abilities.

Last night, my gal G, super-lesbian-extraordinaire, came over and we hunt some different curtain rods and things. Just little touches. I have this belief that if I hang the curtain rods, then I'll get the window treatments. And in the meantime, I can use some curtains I already had to just sort of add some privacy. Truth is, I lived at the last apartment for a couple of years with one rod I hung above the living room window, and never put anything on it except some wind chimes. Oh well.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

Walt said...

It's unfortunate that you have to complain complain complain to get things done, but at least they'll get done. Hopefully they'll get done properly, but is that asking too much?