Friday, November 9, 2007

Dish

I wish I had a photo from tonight. It was such a nice time and was one of those nights where I begrudgingly went out, but am so glad I did. Heather and I had plans to celebrate her birthday last night but she had to cancel, and then had to work tonight. But she called around 8 and left a message and I just fretted over calling her back because I just wanted to sit at home. . . . but 20 minutes later I called her and 20 after that we were meeting in my old neighborhood for a drink and fancy-snacks (tapas menu). It's now 12:25 and I'm just getting home after being with her for 3 hours on the patio. She's such a lovely girl. Her ex-husband is a total hottie that I wanted bad way back when. Her last girlfriend was such a dyke. And all the stories in between are just great stories about finding her own way and learning who she is and all, and it's very refreshing in a way. She's quite pretty too.

My Fella told me not to blog about it. We had a "rip" last night, which is less than a fight. It was a stupid "rip" and it was over the phone so it's more stupid, and even more so because it was about church-god-the president-and the war yea, you know, those things that really don't affect our relationship in a day to day way. You know they say there is a war going on, but I still have a 9 to 5 job and a meeting on Monday with the V.P. to explain what I do - so fight with me over steak or chicken for supper. Anyway, I am just trying to focus on his visit this week. I know what movie we are going to watch, I have narrowed down to two things what we'll have for supper, and I am just looking forward to seeing him - even if he is WRONG about church-god and the president and the war.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: