Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday

Lucky me, I slid into a spot last night, with so few available, I gotta wonder if someone hadn't just left. If Noodle reads this - thanks for the invite - I had a fun time last night. I met Noodle, Skeeter, Sass & Spyder for some McAlister's, then Dollar Tree, then book store.

You know meme that Noodle did the other day, the four things, and she listed a shirt she wished she still had? It reminded me of a song by Mary Chapin Carpenter. "This shirt is old and faded, all the color washed away" and she sings about different things she has done in "this shirt." Judging from the time that seems to take place in the song, she hasn't gained an ounce since high school, but anyway, I've got this delightful birthday present over shirt - Tommy Hilfiger - flannel and blue with a denim collar. It's great for me because although I love the fashion of winter coats, I hate the bulk. And this is perfect for me. It's not faded and washed away, but I can add a memory to it now - it's long hanging tail hid from the world last night that the seat of my pants split wide open. I first heard the rip as I was getting in the car from supper, and by the time I got home they were wide-azz open. Too funny. And odd timing since I had just decided that both they and a pair of khaki's should go to the fishes and loaves closet at church to help keep someone warm this winter and I should upgrade pants for work. But those went into the garbage instead.

I'm going in a wee bit later today. The entire sales department is having a client holiday party tonight. I just talked with another sales manager and found out who slept with clients last year. But I'm happily dating someone, so I don't have that luxury. I asked for an exception to monogamy tonight "for the company" and I did not get it. Oh well.

Happy Friday to you!

1 comment:

Noodle said...

ROFL!! No wonder you were in such a hurry to get home! LOL!

You know, I noticed that jacket when you were in line at the dollar store. Just one of those "he's had that for a while; he must like it" thoughts. And right on the heels of that, I remembered us choosing that yellow jacket at the outlets when you visited us in MD.