Saturday, November 24, 2007

Winter Wonderland

What a nice day and weekend. Very festive - christmassy. Last evening after supper, we rode through the lit park with the music piped through the radio. At ten dollars a car, it goes to a good cause, and is worth it. It's not particularly overly beautiful, but it is pretty in a very Christmas lights sort of way, the kind of thing you can do only once a year. Afterwards, we ran over to my friends Nance & Tom and had a few rounds of Jenga with them.

Today we headed out to lunch with friends John & Karen, it was a lunch to celebrate John's birthday. Since it was his birthday, it was his choice and he wanted to take us to his favorite Indian restaurant. My Fella was not overly impressed, but I enjoyed it very much. My two favorites were the roasted potatoes - very spicy - and the fried onion. I thought the onion was funny - when you consider how often "we" cook onions in batter and then to find them on an Indian buffet.

Afterwards, with a brief sojurn into Target, we headed to the Enchanted Forest. It's about an hour, maybe less, and is made up of the display that was in Goldsmith's 40 years ago. Really, you can walk through in probably 20 minutes, but it can take you back 20 years, and you just can't get that too many places for 5 bucks. We've got the best picture with Santa from there and very reasonable at $10 for one 5x7.

After a so-so dinner that I cooked in my brand new crockpot (thank you Noodle!), we headed out to the zoo for Zoo Lights. I had won free tickets earlier in the week but they were not at will-call. So we bought tickets and went on in and enjoyed the walk through the zoo. We passed on the picture with Santa, but fell prey to a group photo at the front entrance. $14 bucks for one photo and not particularly good. I think their photographers are on some kind of quota, just snapping photo's where ever they find you, without really thinking that for those outrageous prices they should have something pretty in the background(the $15 one was the absolute cheapest).

Anyway, I have some photo's I dropped off at the Walgreens tonight, and for some reason my digital camera thing isn't reading. But any-hoo - - some good news - - I was going to save up for a table set I found at Big Lots that I really like and think would fit good in this new apartment. It's $200 for the table, $100 for a set of two chairs. Guess what I found at Garden Ridge tonight - a very similar table and 4 chairs for $200 total. So some real nice guy named Michael confirmed that the display was the last one and no, they wouldn't mark it down, but I could buy it. Since it's already put together, that will save me from having to put it together and that's like a discount to me. lol. So in the morning we are going back in My Fella's truck to snag it up.

We came home and had hot chocolate and homemade pumpkin pie and now at about 10:20 we're all getting ready for bed.

Good day, good day. Busy from place to place but a very good day.

No comments: