Thursday, November 22, 2007

Four Things

Four first names of crushes I had

- Dana is the absolute earliest one I can remember.
- Jennifer. I sometimes dated her in college. I think I really loved her. Don't ask, I try not to think about it too much.
-Michelle
-Julia

OK, OK, I'll add four more, just for the fun of it:
- Daryl. Though he'd hate it if he ever knew
- Jeff. Though he'd hate it if he ever suspected
- Kedrin. Now there's a mixed up thought in my head. I wonder where he is now. I sometimes think I'll run into him in an art gallery by recognizing this one huge oil painting he was working on in his dorm room. It was a hand print. Seemed cool at the time.
-Johnny. He'd more than likely just shoot me. lol.
(Some of these I had to think hard about - I'm not sure I really knew they were crushes at the time. I think looking back, they probably were. But I didn't really know it.)

Four pieces of clothing I wish I still owned (or could fit into)
- a windbreaker that I bought at a fancy schmancy store with a gift certificate. I left it in my seat on a train bound for New Orleans. It was gone when I returned.
- a blazer that was given to me by the same people that gave me the above gift card. Absolutely beautiful, and probably from the same store. I had to ask my boss if I could keep it because it was above the value of accepted gifts. I never wore it enough, my version of not using the good china
-an overcoat/trenchcoat I bought in Maryland on a trip to see Noodle & Skeeter. I don't remember what happened to it but it seems like. . . . oh yes, one winter at the old apartment it was stolen out of my car. I'd like to think that somebody needed it who was cold and needed my Franklin Covey planner to keep up with the times and locations of the local soup kitchens
-a pull over that I had for years and years. An ex accidentally put a cigarette burn into it about 4 years ago. He somehow burned it even as he was breaking up with me. He dumped me, I put it on to leave, and there was a hole in the front pocket. I think I put it in a pile of homeless clothing, because if I wanted it, I wanted it without that odd memory and cigarette burn.

Four professions I secretly want to try
-preacher or school teacher or counselor (i just want to tell people how to live their lives)
-One of those guys on the side of the road with the tall stick things, waving at each other. They often look so hot in their white t-shirt and yellow vest, looking through their telescope thing.
-doctor
-casting director


Four musicians I most want to go to dinner with
-Prince
-ABBA
-Those 4 celtic singing women
-Trace Adkins, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith & Kenny Chesney (as a prelude to a 5some)

Four foods I'd rather throw than eat
- green peas
- english peas
- sweet peas
-leseur peas

Four things I like to sniff
-Fennel
-rosemary.
-Crown Royal
-Curve cologne for men (Yes, Brandy, I rememer that you lurk, and that is where it comes from - there is still some in the bottle you sent him to get. I sprayed some of it just the other day)

Thanks to Noodle for passing this one on (and please remember to bring me some of your mom's homemade cornbread dressing.)

Now I'm going to add four

Four favorite foods
- Mom's fried chicken tenders
- Noodle's mom's Cornbread dressing
- Homemade sweet tea - preferably my Mom's, Noodle's mom's, or Mamaw's.
- Hamburger helper

Four favorite movies
-Dogma
-Galaxy Quest
-The Matchmaker
-and what kind of self respecting gay boy would I be if I didn't say Auntie Mame

Four television guilty pleasures (I'm thinking more of re runs I can't pass by)
-Star Trek
-the Charmed Ones
-Law & Order SVU with Mariska Hargitay
-CSI with Marg Helgenberger

Four guilty pleasure websites
-woot
-Advice from Prudence on slate.com
-imdb.com
-wikipedia

1 comment:

Noodle said...

You want to borrow Skeeter's vest? LOL!