Thursday, August 23, 2007

5 Pairs of used underwear and an old wedding gown.




Tuesday, My Fella and I decided to take the detour to Scottsboro, Alabama and check out "the island of lost luggage." We were in Huntsville anyway, and it's about a 45 minute drive from there. The deal is, they buy all this unclaimed baggage from the airlines, clean the clothes and sell it. "The only place" they say.


On Monday, my friend John had gone by there on his way home from a trip, and he said it wasn't near as fun as when he went Christmas time. Pickings are good then, with all the stuff people pack up. It's not near as good mid August. So here's my review:


At the electronics counter, there's a brunette girl working. Somebody should tell her that since the advertising talks about seeking treasure, people come in expecting to have fun, looking for a treasure. So the 12 year old boy who asked her, "How much are the ipods?" He wanted an answer different than "All different prices" with a tone that made it sound like she was doing him a favor. My guess is, she was, since the ipods were all thrown in the case anyway, and the prices on the dvd players didn't suggest much of a deal.


In the annex building, there's a young blonde girl and a woman in her early 60's. When asked by the men in front of me where to eat lunch, the blonde girl said, "I'd go to Huntsville." That would be Huntsville, about 45 miles away. The gentleman tried to clear up his question with, "Where would you go to eat lunch?" - like on your lunch break honey. She was just either ticked off at her pathetic life in that place and really meant "I'd go to Huntsville" or was just dumb as two rocks and some twigs. Anyway, the nice lady in her 60's said, "Go out the parking lot and turn left, go through five traffic lights and there's a place on the left."


I'm gonna tell you the truth, My Fella and I both bought stuff. So I can't complain too much or say it was too bad. The two ladies at the concierge desk (yes, they call it concierge) were very nice, and so was a lady back by shoes. But I will tell ya, I wouldn't suggest going way far out of the way to go by there. It's really just a thrift store.


But five traffic lights and on the left, is a little restaurant that serves plate lunches. Our waitress was on her second day, and she was right nice. The menu is a little square of paper with today's choices, and when we tried to tell her what we wanted, she said, "Oh, circle it on the paper. It's interactive here." My Fella had a cornish hen on wild rice, green beans and mashed potatoes, I had fried chicken with green beans and fried squash. The tea was good, and the homemade pie really was homemade.
Plus I brought home five pairs of used underwear and an old wedding gown. Just kidding.
P.S. The woman in the photo is somebody that jumped in line in front of me, I don't know if she was in a hurry, or just thought she didn't need to stand in line. Beotch.

2 comments:

Walt said...

I was playing around with the settings the other night and found the feature to email in a blog post. Go to Settings and then go to email. There's a place to set up your email address for posting on the go. I'm thrilled I remembered the right address to mail it in to!

Noodle said...

I'd go to that big thrift store. Maybe we can have a December field trip! :)