Sunday, August 26, 2007

50 is gold.











Prompted by the anniversary celebration of my aunt and uncle, I hit the road yesterday for a fast road trip. Running down I-55, I stopped outside Vaiden at the Stuckeys of my childhood. Not much had changed, the cashier's podium was moved, but other than that, it still has the Stuckeys logo painted on the roof and it still sells pecan logs. If you've never had one, imagine manufactured divinity (if you don't know what white fluffy divinity is. . . . imagine the nougat inside a candy bar, but imagine it solid white, made by your moma, and it is, of itself, the candy as a whole. Just little fluffs of divinity) rolled in pecans. Any way, I found the bathroom to be more than a bit . . . . untidy. . . . and the urinal was oddly high. Like, so high I was sure my balls would rest on it, so I went around to the toilet instead. Somewhere on my camera is a picture of the Stuckeys of my childhood. . . . but I'm not sure how to get the picture onto this new laptop. Hey, I'm doing good just to reach the internet.


Anyway, I popped up yesterday morning and hit the road, and reversed it today. On the way back, there was a guy in an old Ford truck with deep South Mississippi plates who was kind of cute. For the fun of the blog, I snapped a picture of it, but it's hard to see. But I noticed in the camera phone that the sky was a pretty blue, and I had not noticed it, so I took another, trying just to get the sky. but the two pictures look pretty much the same.


Oh, and I ate pork. Lots of it. But no Cokes.


No comments: