Sunday, June 24, 2007

Country Living

I feel oddly like the country, country like people with what was once a rural route, or the concept of living with a gravel driveway, seems to be taking hold of me. After my few days visit with my fave-or-ite aunt & uncle, I've returned to My Fella's. . . . . it's a paved road, a gravel driveway. I've spent the morning snapping peas. A respectable amount, I might add. They had 3 five gallon buckets. And somehow after breakfast (his daddy burned the biscuits while talking to me) we all just naturally sat down and snapped peas.

There's a storm moving in, and they say they need the rain. A good rain will help some of those vegetables in the garden go ahead and . . . . . do whatever vegetables do after a good rain.

Last night we went bowling. My Fella took (I wish there were a word for the plural, non-sexual concept of neices and nephews. Sort of like cousins means any cousin and spouse means wife or husband. But to say neices and nephews, you have to spell it out, and that irritates me.) two neices, one nephew, and of course his brother. We played one game, and all of us had fun. But the funniest thing was as we were checking out, the owner/manager told My Fella, well, he said, "Is that your brother?" a fair enough question. "Yea, he is." Here's the kicker - - - - "Well, he's a league bowler, so I can make this cheaper for you."

"He's a league bowler."

Jamie, over 40 years old with a handicap, he's a league bowler.

Apparently the ARC center to which he goes every day brings them over to bowl. Which isn't really a surprise to me. The surprise part is that he's considered a league bowler, and got us a discount. That fella is just full of surprises. That and out of the six of us, he had the second highest score.

They're out on the porch now, just waiting for the rain to blow in. I'm gonna go out. I've already checked my emails and Woot.com

(Piper of love, this is for you - one item, one day, until it's gone. The item changes at midnight, regardless of when it sells out. When it sells out, they put up a little blurb that says 'SOLD OUT!' but they don't take the item down or change anything else. It just sits there, so you know what you missed out on. A few days ago I missed out on a great Bluetooth earpiece, and I have just about tore my Bluetooth up. Check it out. You'll like it."

1 comment:

Walt said...

Rather than typing out nieces and nephews, why not call them "in-law spawn?" Just a thought. ;)