Monday, June 25, 2007

Road Trip Rituals, a P.S.

I talked to Mom this morning, and mentioned that I had been to visit her sister, and when I had stopped by Grandmother's, there were wasps in the urn. I said I was planning a trip to Baton Rouge, and would remember to take wasp spray. Mom said, "Well, if you don't go, don't worry about it. We're going down there soon, and always stop there on our way in." It's the things shared that make us family, not just a last name.

And of rituals, on our way through parts of Alabama today, My Fella mentioned that "I don't do all that stuff your daddy does. I don't map the trip out." Yea, that was about 3 minutes before he had to pull over at a gas station and ask for directions - and would you believe he looked at me like I was going to get out and go ask? Uh, no. Even without "the ritual" the concept of Mapquest is just too darned easy. You want to mock my daddy - you go into the gas station. Ugh. My eyes just rolled as far back as I could get 'em.

A hello to Buncha, who left a comment. And a hello to Walt, thank you for the suggestion. Spawn-in-law. I like it.

1 comment:

piper said...

I'm leaving for my 12 day vacation in the morning, seems everyone is buzzing around this time of year.

I've added you to my lurkings list. ooh la la