Saturday, June 2, 2007

Night at the Movie

Spyder & Sass needed to get out of their parents house, a deep cleaning required a call from Sissy. I think she bribed me with the money to go see Night at the Museum, but I would of done it for her anyway. Honestly, yes, a movie makes it easier for me to child sit. But it's slightly suspicious that it's a movie I wanted to see, and they already own on dvd. That's why I love the bargain theatre - all the big screen special effects, but so low cost there's no guilt.

Keeping Spyder & Sass is good for me. Gets me out of my box. Shakes me up a little. Reminds me how to watch over others. Doing it at the movie or a museum is even better, because they don't realize they have a baby sitter.

Sissy knows how I love to sneak food into the movie, so she had bought 3 packages of M&M's. I just love the concept of sneaking food in. It's like the tiniest crime imagineable. I love it for the thrill of it. So we put the M&M's in Sass's little purse. As we're walking up to the ticket line, Sass says, "I have M&M's in my purse." Not sure how to explain the moral situation here, I say, "A lady never tells what's in her purse."

I get distracted though, with kids, and in hindsight it's kind of funny. I'm standing in line getting the popcorn and Cokes, I look at Spyder and ask him if he wants a hotdog and he tells me he doesn't like them, so I go back to ordering, completely oblivious that he's hanging upside down from the railing. Only a moment later did I realize what he's doing, and turn my head to tell him to get down. Today it's funny - I had a conversation with him never realizing that he's playing on their equipment like a jungle gym.

In the movie, I had to quietly whisper to him twice, "I haven't seen the movie" because he kept wanting to tell give hints. "I bet nothings going to happen!" and I'm like, aaagggh! lol. We spilled half a bucket of popcorn on him, and tried brushing it all off when I thought, "Oh, stand up." That's the perfect answer, the popcorn falls off him and his seat pops up and gets rid of the rest. Sass is completely leaned up glued to the movie, as if she's never seen it before, when I know she's seen it 3 times and owns it. We ate a rediculous amount of popcorn.

I lost Sass's purse. The kept the lights down low a long time after the movie, and we all got up and walked out without it. That little purse had smuggled in 3 bags of M&M's, and we just left it behind. I tried calling the theatre but only got recordings. Maybe they will put it in a Lost & Found.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

No, it wasn't a bribe. It was just a way to make it easier for you. :)

If it had been daytime, I would have given you the Children's Museum membership card.

I do hope it was fun though.