Saturday, June 9, 2007

Daily Ramble

I've been at My Fella's since about six last night. It's an odd time to be here, with his family facing the impending loss of a family member, due to a an accident about two weeks ago. The family has received very bad news, and are preparing to pull the plug.

Tonight I pulled My Fella aside and told him I felt I was sort of in the way of their family, and I thought I should finish out the evening and head back home. These are not people I know well, or have known long. Several visits here, and their family atmosphere, have given me a sense of who they are collectively, but I am not naive enough to think it's anything more than that. But My Fella wants me to stay. So I stay. He's the one I worry about supporting.

Just a comment on them, I have certainly not felt that any of them have looked at or spoken about my presence. So it's more my thoughts than theirs. In fact, yesterday in front of the first sister I've met, and around whom I feel comfortable, I said to My Fella to let me skip dinner (with his family), and she made the comment for me to go.

So anyway, I plan on getting up at a decent time and heading back. My brother is coming to town to pick up his wife at the airport, so that's a shot at seeing my nephews.

No pics to ad to this. It's not like the farm land changed any in the last two weeks.

I do want to find time to sit down and blog specifically about this pseudo-closeted version of dating though. It's . . . . interesting.

On a slightly different note, my friend Little Bit called and apparently has some trouble in her (probably professional) life and I am (apparently) to blame. I'm going to take my due on it tomorrow.

No comments: