Monday, June 4, 2007

General Blog

There wasn’t much to blog today. Somedays are like that. I didn’t even go onto the patio tonight. I walked out there, and decided I just didn’t feel like a patio night.

I have a job interview tomorrow for a sales and marketing position at a well known restaurant and night club downtown. It’s in the touristy part of downtown, and I’m excited at least to have an interview. My friend SO went with me down there today to refresh myself on it and check it out. It was good of her to take the time. We walked it all over, but best of all, it reminded me of 3 contacts I have that were good resources to call and speak to about the job and networking, etc. This restaurant does a fair amount of tour & travel groups, and probably a fair amount of bachelor & bachelorette parties, as well as corporate retreats. So I called all 3 of my contacts today and found out what I could. Makes me a feel a little more prepared.

The interview is at ten, so I guess I’ll be ready, or as ready as I’ll ever be.

I should post a photo I took yesterday with my digital camera. I haven’t looked at it on screen, but I don’t think it came out well anyway. The guy at the table behind us had the hairiest arms, they were so hairy. They were the kind of hairy that scientists say should turn a woman on from some primal instinct. With that much body hair, he’s definitely descended from some hunter-gatherers. His legs were the same. My guess he was young, by somebody’s definition. Maybe close to 30, far enough past 20 that he’s got a career maybe. But not so far into his 30’s that he has to work at not getting old. But just so much hair. I swear, if I had that much, I’d trim it.

Wish me luck on my interview tomorrow. And congratulations to Walt. I saw on his blog that he & his partner are celebrating an anniversary. Yeah You!

No comments: