Friday, June 29, 2007

A gay bar, is a gay bar, is a gay bar.

After my best pal worked til 8 tonight, I was ready, to quote G, to chew the hind end off a horse. After showering and hoping his crazy maid didn't kill me, he finally got home and we went to a great little place, locally owned and operated. The menu wasn't very big, and not very "Louisiana-ish" but the food was good and the drinks didn't chintz on the vodka.

Afterwards, we walked over to a gay bar for "one more" which really was just, well, about one more. Both of us kind of tired, we commented on how the little divey versions of gay bars look, smell, and have the same atmosphere everywhere you go, anywhere you go. Pool table, small stage, full liquor bar, cigarette smoke. Oh, hey, that's just about like any bar anywhere, even sans the gay.

I am so sleepy, and so looking forward to tomorrow. . . . assuming thoughts of crazy maid with a key don't keep me up all night.

1 comment:

Save This MG said...

Remind me when you get home that I'm not speaking to you.