Friday, August 8, 2008

Annoyance

My current biggest annoyance is people who just won't say, "I'm sorry, I have plans."

My friend stuck in the divorce asked her daughter a few weeks ago to please make plans for last night, as it was her anniversary, arguably her last ever, and she wanted to not be stuck at home. She wanted to go out with a friend or friends, her daughter, etc.

Whether it's right or wrong, whatever, it's what she wanted. Daughter was all "yeah, yeah, we'll have fun." I get the call last night (oops, I had forgotten too) and she wanted me to be her date for drinks with her daughter and the daughters boyfriend. I said, "I'm going to be hungry, so we need to plan food."

Friend was all dressed up when I got there. She'd borrowed a cute blouse and had one tight jeans and good shoes. And a few calls later, it was clear that daughter didn't really care and didn't really care to be involved. They were going here, or maybe they were going there, and they were going with these people, and that girl, etc. But, yeah yeah, come here with us.

Sure, we'll drive an extra 25 minutes out of the way to sit in a restaurant where you can ignore your mother. That made for a wonderful night out.

Just tell your mom no. Or I'm sorry. Or whatever. But I got news for you- continuous texts and messages about how much you would like to see her, without actually making any effort to see her, yeah, she can see through that. Ugh. Eyes rolled to the back of my head.

P.S. A few hours later: I called the daughter about a potential surprise I'm working on, and she confided in me that she doesn't like being with her mother when her mother is like out on the town. Well, duh. lol At least now I know and can work to avoid those evenings.

No comments: